Friday, April 22, 2011

Good times with Douglas Cameron at Hugh's Room


Hugh's Room in Toronto is a fabulous restaurant and entertainment space catering to those who love primarily acoustic music. While in that city this past weekend, my hubby Ted and I along with our son Ryan and his gal Lisa and our good friend Barbara checked out the 'Neil Young Tribute' night at Hugh's.

One of my oldest and dearest musical friends, Douglas Cameron, was on the bill. He opened the night solo, playing his exotic-looking banjola. Later he came back to prove his incredibly versatile skills by playing piano and mandolin. There's really no instrument he can't play. And his voice...well, there's nothing he can't sing either.

For those of you who've read this far, here's a secret: Douglas has agreed to do the final mix-down of my new CD at his Toronto studio. I'm thrilled and can't wait to get the basic tracks done so we can start working together...

No comments:

Post a Comment