Monday, January 28, 2013

Praise for my "Life Stories" CD launch

Thank you to Nancy Lyon of Sutton, Quebec for the following review of my CD launch show at CIDI Radio Station on Oct. 6, 2012.

"Julia, Gordon and I loved your show and the whole evening. It was so wonderful to spent a night in the company of people creating songs about life, and love and being ... with rhyme-and humour. The good old stuff. You took me back to skating at Bonsecours, and my mixed up loves and bilingual life efforts, and I smelled the snow and tasted the joy, and the years of life going by provided an enriching and heartfelt depth, yes!!! I was quite overwhelmed and inspired, and grateful to be a part of this evening. I love the depth and variety and sometimes whimsy of your songs.

I could go on... You are such an engaging and comfortable performer. It was a magical evening, and we loved the atmosphere of the venue as well, and the friendliness..."

No comments:

Post a Comment