Friday, June 1, 2012

Mark the date!

At long last the end is in sight. My as-yet-unnamed second CD is now in the mastering stages and will soon be packaged and ready to go. Since summer is such a busy time and I'm still caught up with the promotion of my new book "Weaverworld: Grimsnipe's Revenge", I've decided to opt for an autumn launch. With that in mind, what could be a better time than...

Thanksgiving Weekend! So mark the date in your calendars now. The launch will take place at the CIDI Music Hall in Knowlton on Saturday, October 6 at 8 pm. Tickets will be $10 in advance and $15 at the door. I'll let you know where you can buy the advance tickets as we get closer to the date.

I am absolutely thrilled that I will be joined onstage by my dearest friends from my days as a struggling singer-songwriter in Toronto. Douglas John Cameron (whom I've known since I was 18, and that's a loooonnnnng time ago!) and Meg Tennant (whom I met when I was in my early 20s) are both amazingly talented musicians and wonderful human beings. In the coming weeks I'll post bios about them and links to their music so you can see for yourself.

Whether you ultimately buy the CD or not, I can assure you that this will be an evening of lovely acoustic music...guitars, piano, voices and maybe a few ukeleles...so I hope you'll join us. And of course the CD will be there for you to buy just in case the spirit moves you!

JR

No comments:

Post a Comment